Iris Vaughan

Hi my name is Gladys. I felt really scared after all that nightmare day it made me furious and scared at the same time. A man name Raymond came to our school because he was the singing inspector. He was wearing an enormous knickerbockers , thick stockings like a hunter,he has a sphere face,eyes like blueberries,and called everyone to come to the big room but the bigger boys like Jack Long and Paulus,they only do exams it was so unfair and not equal. Then all of us have to sing the doh ray me song. He called Benny and Charles to sing first,but instead of singing they stand still as if they don’t know what to sing they didn’t even know Blue Bells of Scotland or Ministrel boy, Mr Raymond got angry and roared at them,”What can you sing. Sing anything,”Charles said in a weak voice,”We can sing Pretty Polly,” “Then sing it,” he shouted,but he does look like a angry bull ready for the battle. They began to sing but it was so terrible that I have to block my ears with a tissue or a cloth. Charles sing in a low sad voice but Benny sang in a high pitch voice. I wanted to laugh so hard and roll on the ground. But when I opened my mouth no words came out and I was scared because Mr Raymond was so angry like he had tons of bricks banged on top of his head hard. In the middle part they stopped as if they forgot what was it after or lost there voice with no clue to bring it back, Mr Raymond shouted,”Waste of time waste of time two voiceless idiots in a singing class. Send them out,” I was so angry and I was boiling with anger I hated him the part he said “idiots” and I already hated him. He called Jesse, she sang so beautifully and propally modernly, I was thinking she was just trying to impress the other kids. Next he called out my name and Iris, yes he called my name “Gladys” and Iris. I was so terrified and thought I need a asthma pump (even though I don’t even need one) I trembled with fear and I was shaking, I thought even Iris was also scared too and no a sound came from her or my mouth, Mr Raymond said,”What do we have here the deaf and the dumb where’s your voice girl?” I was so angry,scared and furious that he said that to Iris, and I was about to shout at him and say,”Well sir if you said to Iris you are such a big, fat bully singing inspector!” But no words came out I only said that inside my head because surely I’m going to get into trouble or detention. Later on Iris started to do test with the big boys, I was hoping Mr Raymond would be surely be punished,fired and no mercy after all the horrible things he did to us and the little kids.

Comments

  1. Hello Esther . I read your blog post and it was so interesting. You write so detailed about the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Esther I read your blog (a long one at that) and was impressed by your style of writing. I hope you write more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Esther really funny i like the part about blocking your ears and the part about the asthma pump. You wrote a nice amount of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement.

Ek wil onthou